Whinnypeg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side Plot Ideas!

+6
Prince Bluelolz III
Canyum
Lord CoffeeSpanker
CookieCream
LTD
Darkly
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Side Plot Ideas! Empty Side Plot Ideas!

Post  Darkly Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Alright fellas, let's get this gravy train rolling again. Whinnypeg was originally an RP group, so let's get the RP back in here!

Place some ideas for side plots here. Personally, there were two big ideas placed in the thread, if I can remember correctly. One was a machine or something going haywire, which would be a Darkly sideplot. The other was something about a record breaking cake, which could be something related to Cookie.

You can build on these two, and even place your own. The side plots are more focused on the side cast, since the main episodes focus mainly on the mains.

As a matter of fact, to set a direction here, build and add, but let's focus on trying to build up the cake idea. I know Cookie's really excited to get back into RP, so let's see about putting together a side plot focused around her character.

Plant those ideas! Don't be shy! Spill them here!
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Side Plot Ideas! Empty Re: Side Plot Ideas!

Post  LTD Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Perhaps during one day the ponies of Whinnypeg start to go missing, and Missy is the last one left after a time. She later explores a strange trail and finds her friends tangled in a spider's web, all fully conscious. She has to face her fears or watch her friends all be killed.

I dunno, I'm thinking anything with Missy facing her fear of spiders would be nice. This was off the top of my insomniac head.
LTD
LTD

Back to top Go down

Post  CookieCream Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 pm

I would think that maybe Bakeing a huge cake will attract more customers to the CookieCafe. Maybe Veritas would be jealous? Maybe Darkly will have to Build cookie some sort of giant Oven? I figure it would start off with us planning and being in anticipation of this giant cake, then me finally executing it, with maybe a bit of help from other ponies.

CookieCream
CookieCream

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 am

CookieCream wrote:I would think that maybe Bakeing a huge cake will attract more customers to the CookieCafe. Maybe Veritas would be jealous? Maybe Darkly will have to Build cookie some sort of giant Oven? I figure it would start off with us planning and being in anticipation of this giant cake, then me finally executing it, with maybe a bit of help from other ponies.

Veritas would get jealous. Very. Jealous. He'd probably dislike the fact that Cookie's trying to get more customers, and maybe believe that she's trying to steal his (he's paranoid like that,) so he could try and sabotage it (maybe destroy, unlikely poison (mild one)) or try and compete, by making his own things... dunno what yet. Maybe a massive pudding.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:56 am

LTD wrote:Perhaps during one day the ponies of Whinnypeg start to go missing, and Missy is the last one left after a time. She later explores a strange trail and finds her friends tangled in a spider's web, all fully conscious. She has to face her fears or watch her friends all be killed.

I dunno, I'm thinking anything with Missy facing her fear of spiders would be nice. This was off the top of my insomniac head.

That's a tad dark.

CookieCream wrote:I would think that maybe Bakeing a huge cake will attract more customers to the CookieCafe. Maybe Veritas would be jealous? Maybe Darkly will have to Build cookie some sort of giant Oven? I figure it would start off with us planning and being in anticipation of this giant cake, then me finally executing it, with maybe a bit of help from other ponies.

Lord CoffeeSpanker wrote:Veritas would get jealous. Very. Jealous. He'd probably dislike the fact that Cookie's trying to get more customers, and maybe believe that she's trying to steal his (he's paranoid like that,) so he could try and sabotage it (maybe destroy, unlikely poison (mild one)) or try and compete, by making his own things... dunno what yet. Maybe a massive pudding.

Oooh nice! I believe Cookie could come to Darkly to try and build a bigger oven for her to make the cake. Maybe....

If that were the case, then Veritas would try to sabotage the oven, causing it to burn a layer or two and destroy the cake, or even causing it to malfunction, halting the progress of her cake building while Veritas makes his own. I'm liking the idea, y'all. Lets keep them coming! I'd love to build on this!
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  LTD Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:51 am

That's a tad dark.

You can tell why I'm not a writer anymore.

LTD
LTD

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 am

LTD wrote:
That's a tad dark.

But it's interesting in a way, just too dark for Whinnypeg. Plus, no way something like that could be taken seriously lol, especially with Earbud either screaming at the spiders or Missy to hurry up.

Anyways, you got anything to add?
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  CookieCream Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Darkly wrote:
LTD wrote:
That's a tad dark.

But it's interesting in a way, just too dark for Whinnypeg. Plus, no way something like that could be taken seriously lol, especially with Earbud either screaming at the spiders or Missy to hurry up.

Cookie would bake a cake for the spider. It could have some nice writing that says "Please don't eat my friends! =D"

Then the spider will open up to how he had a lonely childhood, and I will become it's friend. Then he will eat everyone including the cake. What am I even talking about anymore, I need to go to bed. I'll brainstorm some things tonight.
CookieCream
CookieCream

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

CookieCream wrote:
Darkly wrote:
LTD wrote:
That's a tad dark.

Cookie would bake a cake for the spider. It could have some nice writing that says "Please don't eat my friends! =D"

Then the spider will open up to how he had a lonely childhood, and I will become it's friend. Then he will eat everyone including the cake. What am I even talking about anymore, I need to go to bed. I'll brainstorm some things tonight.

Ha! That's quite an episode there. ;3

Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  Canyum Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 am

Darkly wrote:

especially with Earbud either screaming at the spiders or Missy to hurry up.

I'm pretty sure his screams would be very noisy, and girly.
Canyum
Canyum

http://whinnypeg.wikispaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 am

My apologies for the lack of updates. Finals weeks is just around the corner (next two weeks to be exact), so all my attention is being directed towards that. There will be more updates when I get finished with those.

Also, let's continue building on here. ;3
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Bluelolz III Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Darkly wrote:My apologies for the lack of updates. Finals weeks is just around the corner (next two weeks to be exact), so all my attention is being directed towards that. There will be more updates when I get finished with those.

Also, let's continue building on here. ;3

I know how it is, I was supposed to finish the semester today, but by a twist of fate the professor got sick so the exam will be postponed until next thursday....

with double difficulty....

damn I hate when college slows me down
Prince Bluelolz III
Prince Bluelolz III

http://miroslav46.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Side Plot Ideas! Empty Exams, Exams everywhere

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 am

Well, I'm afraid I have exams coming up soon too, next month, in fact. So yeah, my warning is there.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalLoyal Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 am

So I just got this idea.
Since we're talking about well, everything related to whinnypeg, why can't we have a side story just about Missy?

Missy's got this.. love... if you can call it that, of symmetry.
So what if it goes out of hand in everything she makes for a bit of time?
Symmetrical face, symmetrical composition, symmetrical house. Symmetrical food.
Which should honestly and probably not happen but at the same time the idea of Canyum or MellowBloom walking around and seeing perfectly symmetrical things everywhere kind of amuses me. Like, /symmetrical everything/. As in everything. Cakes. Snow, even. She'd even cut out all of the unsymmetrical pieces of a puzzle just so it IS symmetrical.

And somehow snap her out of it.

Oh and I'm working on my last final too >_>
RoyalLoyal
RoyalLoyal

Back to top Go down

Post  Canyum Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

RoyalLoyal wrote:So I just got this idea.
Since we're talking about well, everything related to whinnypeg, why can't we have a side story just about Missy?

Because if you make a story about a main character, it becomes an episode. Side-plots are focused on supporting characters.

That idea's better off being pitched on Missy's actual basement Wink You know the one!
Canyum
Canyum

http://whinnypeg.wikispaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Sun May 06, 2012 2:34 am

Alright folks!
I've still got a final or two left before I'm finished with this semester, so let's start getting things going again.

We were working on the cake idea, the side plot focused around Cookie Cream.

Now what did we want to go with? Big oven, big cake for bake-off, Veritas sabotage?
If that's the case, then what if when Cookie moved to Whinnypeg to set up shop, the building she rented out was perfect for her little store, except one thing it didn't have was an oven big enough to bake such a big cake (or maybe it's just old and worn out or something, and it takes forever to bake. I don't know). It just has a tiny little oven, and that could take forever for baking something like that. Veritas already has something bigger, so it'll be a sitch for him.

Since she doesn't have a reliable oven, she goes to Darkly for help. She asks him to build her one. Veritas gets jealous at this new and improved oven, and considers it a big threat to him winning the competition....and to his business as he might lose customers. During this fit of jealousy, he tries to do what he can to halt the baking process for her, even if it includes sabotaging the oven and making it look like faulty work.

What do you think of this idea? Seem fine enough? Put in your own thoughts and ideas too! Very Happy
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Sun May 06, 2012 7:42 am

Loooks fine to me, I'm thinking. Though Veritas' sabotage wouldn't be blaming someone else. He'd make it look like a complete accident, just pure misfortune, probably. Though he is gonna be real jealous. Or he'd try and ask Darkly to build one for him too... Though that could be the end, where Veritas asks Darkly to build him one too. Hey, how about Veritas' old but big one going bust, juuuust after sabotaging Cookie's? KAAAAARMA.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Sun May 06, 2012 10:06 am

Lord CoffeeSpanker wrote:Loooks fine to me, I'm thinking. Though Veritas' sabotage wouldn't be blaming someone else. He'd make it look like a complete accident, just pure misfortune, probably. Though he is gonna be real jealous. Or he'd try and ask Darkly to build one for him too... Though that could be the end, where Veritas asks Darkly to build him one too. Hey, how about Veritas' old but big one going bust, juuuust after sabotaging Cookie's? KAAAAARMA.

Haaa that would be awesome! He sabotages Cookie's and then he goes back to make his. During the baking process it just goes (Heavy Weapons Guy: "DED!")
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  Amona Sun May 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Visiting another location. Could be exploring a city or town, or even a farm or cave system. Allowing characters to explore in a group as tourists could work well to introduce one shot characters, and allow people to roleplay without having to participate long term (perhaps as city dwellers or tour guides). Also allows generally non-viable characters for such a small town as Whinnypeg, like giraffes, kirin, llama, or hippogriffs, to be able to be explored for an "episode".
The downside of this is finding enough people to design and roleplay the one shot characters, as well as getting a consistent design for the visiting location. Finding a tone that is appropriate for the story in general might be difficult. I'd expect having somebody who "knows" the visited location to serve as a DM of sorts might help if the story is to be recorded.
Amona
Amona

http://ponamona.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Bluelolz III Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 am

Amona wrote:Visiting another location. Could be exploring a city or town, or even a farm or cave system. Allowing characters to explore in a group as tourists could work well to introduce one shot characters, and allow people to roleplay without having to participate long term (perhaps as city dwellers or tour guides). Also allows generally non-viable characters for such a small town as Whinnypeg, like giraffes, kirin, llama, or hippogriffs, to be able to be explored for an "episode".
The downside of this is finding enough people to design and roleplay the one shot characters, as well as getting a consistent design for the visiting location. Finding a tone that is appropriate for the story in general might be difficult. I'd expect having somebody who "knows" the visited location to serve as a DM of sorts might help if the story is to be recorded.

This is actually a proved good idea, The tone can be set pretty easily by two factors: Who goes (and the standing between them), and where

Anyone good with descriptions could design (or describe) the one-shots if needed (I'm not sure if drawing them is necessary)

Make Pinnywheg a REALITY!!!
Prince Bluelolz III
Prince Bluelolz III

http://miroslav46.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 am

Amona wrote:Visiting another location. Could be exploring a city or town, or even a farm or cave system. Allowing characters to explore in a group as tourists could work well to introduce one shot characters, and allow people to roleplay without having to participate long term (perhaps as city dwellers or tour guides). Also allows generally non-viable characters for such a small town as Whinnypeg, like giraffes, kirin, llama, or hippogriffs, to be able to be explored for an "episode".

Prince Bluelolz III wrote:This is actually a proved good idea, The tone can be set pretty easily by two factors: Who goes (and the standing between them), and where

Anyone good with descriptions could design (or describe) the one-shots if needed (I'm not sure if drawing them is necessary)

Why yes! That would definitely make a good idea! Thanks Amona! Smile
That's definitely going in the pile to be planned and performed very soon, maybe even after the cake episode.

Pssst....Pinnywheg is the place they visit ;3
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  TunerSymphon Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Oh, kinda got an idea for the radio station I had in mind. Of course, Tuner got set up in Whinnypeg to set up a radio station, but as of now, it is non-operational. I guess the side-plot could be about A) everyone trying to get all the stuff to make it work or B) Tuner finally setting it up correctly and causing mischief with his new found tool of destruction!
I feel like the radio station itself could serve pretty well in side-plots.
TunerSymphon
TunerSymphon

Back to top Go down

Post  Amona Tue May 08, 2012 3:10 pm

TunerSymphon wrote:Oh, kinda got an idea for the radio station I had in mind. Of course, Tuner got set up in Whinnypeg to set up a radio station, but as of now, it is non-operational. I guess the side-plot could be about A) everyone trying to get all the stuff to make it work or B) Tuner finally setting it up correctly and causing mischief with his new found tool of destruction!
I feel like the radio station itself could serve pretty well in side-plots.

This could work well for side characters doing voice acting for fun as well. Not long term, so quality isn't as much of a concern as for mane characters (not that that would be an issue :3 ).I could see wanting to practice roleplay for characters with this; I've never really roleplayed before so it might be a way for folks like me to get into the spirit of it.
Amona
Amona

http://ponamona.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 am

Darkly wrote:

Prince Bluelolz III wrote:This is actually a proved good idea, The tone can be set pretty easily by two factors: Who goes (and the standing between them), and where

That's definitely going in the pile to be planned and performed very soon, maybe even after the cake episode.

This... how about we all go on a sea-faring adventure with Veritas? Or maybe Veritas tells another of his tales? He has many a tale he can tell. (As do I.)
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkly Wed May 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Lord CoffeeSpanker wrote:
Darkly wrote:

This... how about we all go on a sea-faring adventure with Veritas? Or maybe Veritas tells another of his tales? He has many a tale he can tell. (As do I.)

Yes! That's another good idea too!
Darkly
Darkly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum