Whinnypeg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've joined the Camp of Bands

5 posters

Go down

We've joined the Camp of Bands Empty We've joined the Camp of Bands

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 am

So, what I'm gonna be needing is links to artist's DA's and musician's DA's, so I can link you all to and from the album. Here's the album so far: http://whinnypegcrew.bandcamp.com/album/whinnypeg-soundtrack-vol-1 . We're also gonna be needing a banner and a background, so if people can maybe start planning them and building drafts, that'd be much appreciated.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS.

Oh, and more tracks will be added when more tracks are made. Just saying.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

We've joined the Camp of Bands Empty Re: We've joined the Camp of Bands

Post  dXrandomXb Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Firstly, who's the guy/guys who made the music in the soundtrack?
Secondly, what would be the proper board to express my gratitude and criticisms of said music? (mostly gratitude)
This is some really nice music. (:
dXrandomXb
dXrandomXb

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am

dXrandomXb wrote:Firstly, who's the guy/guys who made the music in the soundtrack?
Secondly, what would be the proper board to express my gratitude and criticisms of said music? (mostly gratitude)
This is some really nice music. (:

Tuner-Symphon and I did the music for the soundtrack. I did the themes for each of the characters and also the Whinnypeg theme and the Marvelous Soundwave and Tuner did the Anthem and the episode musics (like Impending Avalanche, which I love.)
And probably this board, and I honestly appreciate any and all critiscms you have. Oh, and gratitude too.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  dXrandomXb Sat May 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, I don't have that much in the way of criticism... I don't make music, so I can't really tell you that you're doing something wrong. I can just say, "This sounds like it needs..." or "This part seems quiet, maybe it needs to be..."
With that said:
Whinnypeg Theme- This is pretty awesome! Leads in with the main MLP theme, but then goes into your own original theme, which is quite catchy, with a little of the main theme still playing in the background. Very nice!
Whinnypeg Anthem- Well... Here is where my first critique comes in. If this is the anthem for Whinnypeg, where's the theme for Whinnypeg? The song sounds nice enough on it's own, but it seems out of place right after hearing the main theme for Whinnypeg. That's just me being nit-picky though! It's still a good song!
Anthem of LOUD- I can see this fitting Canyum quite well. It takes me a second, but I can see this playing when Canyum is being his obnoxious-yet-lovable self. It gets a bit LOUD though, and I can't help but think that if this were playing in an actual show, the music would distract from the scene. But since this isn't with an animation, it's perfectly fine!
Bloomin' Mellow- This is one of my favorites! This really sets the mood for Mellowbloom, I think. Really not much else to say on this one. Sorry. ^^;
Requiem of an Asperi- Wow, that beginning immediately makes me think of Snow Globe trotting through the air, just not really caring where she's going. Nice instrument choice. And as it goes on, I like the other instruments that come in. And the filter you have with that one instrument in the beginning seems to fit Snow Globe, for some reason.
Mistress of the Metronome- It's probably just me, but this track seems decidedly less "active" than the other tracks so far. But considering Missy, that's probably just as well. It's very organized, not much happens that you don't expect to happen. Perfect for her, really!
Conductor's Call- I'm probably too close to this role to really offer any kind of critique on music for the role, but this track seems to really, really, want to tell me that Promontory is western. And I think it goes a bit overboard. It's still enjoyable, but I get that he's western. I get that the moment the guitar comes on, really, but then again, growing up with a cowboy for a grandfather probably taught me to associate guitars with the west. <_< So there's another reason to invalidate my input on this particular song.
Libretto of the Lake- Oooooooo. I like this one. It starts off not really telling the listener how to feel, then begins a guitar that, at first, sounds soothing, but at the same time... you can almost feel an uneasiness. Whether that's intentional or not, it's genius considering Dulset. And I think I can hear static coming and going on the track, but I don't know if that's supposed to be part of the music or not. But it contributes to the slight sense of weariness the track gives you.
The Marvelous Soundwave- First off, I love how this brings back the theme from Anthem of LOUD! Good use of themes. However... I know this seems odd to say, considering Canyum, but this seems too energetic and fast paced. I mean, The Marvelous Soundwave sells board games. This track sounds like something that should be in an arcade, or a disco joint! It's too up-beat for a regular game shop, regardless of the LOUDNESS of the inhabitants. It's still a wonderful track, though!
Treading Waters- This is by far my favorite track in this album. It begins slightly airy, and brings in a lower instrument, then a string based one. All of which work the same as Libretto of the Lake, sounding relaxing and pleasing on the cover, but slightly, ever so slightly off. Almost as if it's warning you, "Make yourself at home! But don't get too comfortable..." Then, at 1:10, you can tell that something is either happening or about to happen. The punctuation of the drums really brings out the feeling that there's about to be an action scene, it's almost like music from a cutscene for a video game, leading up to a boss fight!
And this leads me to my one critique of this particular track. It ends too early. And I don't mean that in the usual "I want to hear more of it because it's so awesome!" way that fans often throw about. I mean it! You have some spectacular build up in this song, and then it just fades out? No! The first time I listened to this, I almost screamed at the track, "You're not finished yet! Get back here and give me the epicness you promised to deliver!" I'm not trying to say that you ended it wrong, I'm just saying that I don't think you finished it. Please keep working on it?
Impending Avalanche- This is right under Treading Waters on my favorites. This is very good for setting the mood, just as it says in it's title. The fast pace says that you need to speed up, whatever it is your doing, because you're running out of time to do it. But it also has a bit of the same problem in that it builds up a lot of expectations from me, but falls short of a few of them. Overall it's still an excellent track, but I just never get the feeling that the avalanche gets here. It's always impending, but never upon us. But that could be exactly what you wanted, so who am I to say?

An awesome album from some awesome guys! Keep up the excellent work! Very Happy
dXrandomXb
dXrandomXb

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord CoffeeSpanker Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 am

Huge post, gotta say, but every last word of it is appreciated.

Whinnypeg Theme - Can't really say much other than thanks! This was the first one I wrote, I believe, and I'm glad you like it!
Whinnypeg Anthem - I've moved the track round on the album until after Marvelous Soundwave, so it's not directly after the Theme.
Anthem of LOUD - By it being LOUD, do you mean it's actually to loud a volume or too LOUD as in trying to grab the listener by the ears? But thanks anyhow, I'll see what I can do.
Bloomin' Mellow - One of my favourites too, and that's coming from someone who usually hates his music.
Requiem of an Asperi - Thank you very much! Was just listening back to this and found it surprisingly relaxing. All cares in the world go out the window, which I pretty much see for Snow Globe too.
Mistress of the Metronome - Yeah, it's quite a bit less active than the others, though that was due to her being shy and decidedly less active than the other members of the cast.
Conductor's Call - Yeah, I did notice that it was overly Western, but I'm not entirely sure as what else to do for Prom. I mainly see him as being western, being patient and stuff. Might re-do this at a later date if needs be.
Libretto of the Lake - The uneasiness was completely intentional, once I found out I'd put it in there. The static was originally meant to be waves, but listening back, it does not sound like waves, at all.
Marvelous Soundwave - I completely see what you're getting at, seeing as the Marvelous Soundwave is a boardgame shop, it is too fast-paced and lively, though I'm gonna have to check with Canyum on that. Oh, and this was written before Canyum's Theme, so you could say Canyum's Theme has themes from this.
Treading Waters & Impending Avalance - I do love how this sounds like it's coming before a boss fight, and the fairly nautical feeling the instrumentation gives. Reminds me of Super Mario 64's watery levels. I'm seeing it fusing into the Impending Avalanche, going from the tense style of Treading Water into IA's fast, up-beat style. And I agree with how they both seem to cut off without actually resolving, though that could be Tuner's intention, due to them being background themes, and not actually songs. I do love the constant drone in the back of IA, sounding like the Avalanche coming down on to the listener. I can totally see and hear the cast panicking over the avalanche coming. Hope Tuner sees this.

Anyway, once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I really appreciate all this critique.
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Lord CoffeeSpanker

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Bluelolz III Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 am

First of all let me congratulate you in a job well done as Brandon said.

I'm not a musician myself but I can tell the effort tuner and you did surely paid off, especially in "The Marvelous Soundwave" (I'm a fan of fast paces).

I know I already have a lot in my plate (I have to finish wrapping the art for the video) but if you want I can make the banner or background, just tell me what you need.

Cheers and nevertheless good luck
Prince Bluelolz III
Prince Bluelolz III

http://miroslav46.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dXrandomXb Sun May 06, 2012 2:38 am

Lord CoffeeSpanker wrote:
Anthem of LOUD - By it being LOUD, do you mean it's actually to loud a volume or too LOUD as in trying to grab the listener by the ears? But thanks anyhow, I'll see what I can do.
I mean it seems to want your full attention. If it's only meant to be a background piece, then it seems to be too loud to simply be background. But it's still a good track!

Conductor's Call - Yeah, I did notice that it was overly Western, but I'm not entirely sure as what else to do for Prom. I mainly see him as being western, being patient and stuff. Might re-do this at a later date if needs be.
I was thinking you could just use other non-string instruments. A good deal of the western comes from all the strings, so maybe using something else low and mellow to sound relaxed and patient?

Treading Waters & Impending Avalance - I do love how this sounds like it's coming before a boss fight, and the fairly nautical feeling the instrumentation gives. Reminds me of Super Mario 64's watery levels. I'm seeing it fusing into the Impending Avalanche, going from the tense style of Treading Water into IA's fast, up-beat style. And I agree with how they both seem to cut off without actually resolving, though that could be Tuner's intention, due to them being background themes, and not actually songs. I do love the constant drone in the back of IA, sounding like the Avalanche coming down on to the listener. I can totally see and hear the cast panicking over the avalanche coming. Hope Tuner sees this.
I agree. You hear that, Tuner? You're awesome, dude!

Anyway, once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I really appreciate all this critique.
Thank you and Tuner for making it! Very Happy
dXrandomXb
dXrandomXb

Back to top Go down

Post  Canyum Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 am

First and foremost: Thanks to everyone for the amazing job here! I can't wait until it's all spruced up (all track-art done as well as the background, banners, etc.).

As for Brandon's critique: Most of it is spot-on. Except that I disagree a bit on Prom's theme, I for one, like the strings and the relaxing-to-fast paced tone it has. It's western and overly western because it's supposed to be that way! As for TMS's theme, Canyum's theme was a derivative of that one, so it explains why it's so similar (though, Earbud's has riffs, which makes it cooler, and it's all my fault Wink ).

Though I'm stoked to see all of this done! Can't wait to share it with all people, and be like, making coffee mugs and what-not.
Canyum
Canyum

http://whinnypeg.wikispaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TunerSymphon Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh, thanks y'all! ^-^ And yeah, thank you to you too, Lord, for working on the audio!

By the way, the tracks you heard from me were my earliest tracks, so I'm a bit better now...

http://soundcloud.com/dragon51116

Here's my soundcloud if ya care. d: Either way, yeah. By the way, Random, Treading Waters? The one you said ended too early? That is actually only the intro to my song, "Adventurer." We cut out the intro because it fit so well.
TunerSymphon
TunerSymphon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum